Friday, January 22, 2010

The ADVANCE Society's Tenth Annual Educational Conference March 2010


EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCE:
I am glad to announce that the ADVANCE Society is having their 10th Annual Educational Conference in Cairo on March 25th-27th, 2010. The Learning Resource Center is organizing the event.

At this time the workshop/lecture schedule is being organized and as soon as the schedule is confirmed I will post the link on the blog for registration and further details.

OT WORKSHOPS:
I will present two workshops at the conference. One will be on handwriting and the other will be on games (specifically card games).

I am especially excited about the games workshop, as I have contacted various games companies and asked them to donate games to be used in the workshop and then donated for a raffle/tombola (all proceeds raised from the raffle will go to the ADVANCE Society).

So far, THINK FUN, http://www.thinkfun.com/ and Grab a Pig http://www.grabapig.com/ have committed to donating some toys!

If anyone knows of any toy companies that would like to donate toys, please contact me at lme1169@gmail.com.

AMAZON WISH LIST:
I have also started an AMAZON, www.amazon.com, WISH LIST of books that can be donated for raffle at the March Conference. I also placed a visual timer on the list as many teachers and parents have inquired about it and it is great to use when setting limits in games!

I could go on and on with the wish list, but I only have so much luggage space to put the products! (I am in the US at this time and bringing the products in March) However, if someone wants to donate the cost of an extra piece of luggage to bring more products I would be happy to talk about it! (If so, you can email me at the above address...I am open for suggestions :-)

You can find my list at this link:

Books can be purchased and shipped to the following address:

Laura Efinger
19 Fort Worth Place
Monroe, New York 10950

  • There is a link to click on for my address once you go to check out on Amazon
  • You can also go to www.amazon.com and click onto WISH LIST in the upper right hand corner, go to "Find someone's wish list", type in my full name and click on my registry!

These books will be raffled off at the conference and all proceeds will go to the ADVANCE Society.

ADVANCE Society contacts:
You can also go to the ADVANCE Society website http://www.advance-society.org/ and contact them directly regarding making a donation!

A BIG THANKS, in advance, to all who participate!

Laura





No comments: